We provide advisory services focused on Business Strategy, Supply Chain, Branding and Distribution. Our key target segment is fast moving consumer goods and consumer facing businesses in India and the rest of Asia. We also work in partnership with VC and PE funds for Private Equity Placement for the same target segment.
Consumer and Retail: The consumer products industry, including fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and packaged food products is evolving rapidly in the Asian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa. Regulatory liberalization, changes in the competitive environment, and shifting consumer lifestyles and channel structures are creating opportunities, as well as, challenges for consumer manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.
We draw upon direct experience gained from multinational engagements within the Indian consumer products industry and the FMCG sector to bring a unique perspective to our clients’ challenges. We are equipped to help consumer product companies develop cost-efficient strategies to meet their aggressive growth objectives, identify key promotion opportunities, and improve innovation effectiveness.
HOW WE HELP OUR CLIENTS
As a consultant to the consumer industry, Winssion aspires to help more and more local and multinational consumer companies, distributors, and retailers with major strategic and operational decisions. We bring our clients an unparalleled understanding of the global industry and regional markets.
Our consumer and retail expertise covers the below industries:
- Packaged food
- General merchandise
- General and modern retail
Our approach focuses on turning strategy into action and ensuring maximum value creation for our clients. We help our clients through all stages of their transformation and growth programs, from strategy development to detailed design to execution management. We have experience across India and Middle East, addressing such issues as:
- Investment and market-entry strategy
- Growth strategy
- Brand and portfolio strategy
- Strategic and business planning
- Corporate structuring
- Customer segmentation and channel strategy
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Post-merger integration
- Route-to-market model
- Integrated category management (e.g. pricing, assortment management, promotions)
- Sales and marketing effectiveness
- Profit margin improvement
- Sales and operations planning
- Supply chain restructuring and optimization
- Organization design and implementation
In order to capture opportunities offered by a rapidly evolving Indian and Middle Eastern consumer markets, both incumbents and new entrants are increasingly pressured to address new challenges everyday:
- What corporate and business strategies do incumbents need to sustain their growth at a time when competition is intensifying and traditional markets are becoming saturated?
- What regional and international expansion strategies should be pursued by brands to ensure profitable and sustainable growth in the long-term?
- What business models and market entry strategies are likely to yield optimal returns for new entrants?
- How can multinational players adapt to changing foreign-ownership regulations to balance the benefits of greater control with the market influence of local partners?
- How should the route-to-market model be adapted to the evolving channel structure and what strategies need to be developed to capture growth?
- What are the optimal portfolio and brand strategies for evolving consumer segments?
- How can players effectively execute their business and operational strategies while upgrading internal capabilities and delivering lasting results?
- What transformations in governance and operating models will enable the execution of corporate and business strategies
- What operational changes will enhance efficiency, improve competitiveness, and enable swift adaptability to evolving market conditions?
The consumer industry in India today is perhaps the fastest growing sector of the economy. The industry has exhibited a very high degree of innovation, and quicker turnaround response to grow and adjust to market penetration and size. The rising consumer spending has helped galvanize the industry.
Our clients are demanding, their standards are high and, so are ours at Winssion. Our team is constantly assisting Consumer product companies in selecting and recruiting professional Managerial and Executive talent amongst various specialized operational areas like.
- Sales: National & Regional sales, Sales Training, CRM
- Marketing: Brand Management, Market Research – Quantitaive & Qualitative, Product Management, Advertising & Promotion
- Finance, Corporate & Sales Accounts, Commercial
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Contracts, Legal and Liaisoning, Trademarks
- Human Resource, Development & Retention, Training
- Strategic Planning, SCM, Global Procurement & Exports
- Manufacturing, Maintenance, Utilities